The International Organization for Migration (IOM), the UN Migration Agency, is proud to present the second edition of the Global Migration Film Festival in Thailand.
Supported by the Regional Support Office of The Bali Process (Gold Sponsor), Save the Children (Gold Sponsor) and the Embassy of Canada (Film Sponsor), GMFF 2017 promises to be bigger and better with a wider variety of films screened over a 5 day period from 14 to 18 December. Admission to all screenings will remain free as part of efforts to raise awareness on migration issues amongst the public
From the story of a Swedish radio host whose show has become a lifeline for African refugees, to that of a young girl in India who struggles to continue her education in the face of severe poverty and adversity, each film captures the trials and tribulations, joys and personal moments of those who leave their homes in search of a better life. GMFF 2017 is part of the United Nations’ “Together” global campaign to counter xenophobia and promote diversity and inclusion.
Seats are limited! For film synopses and ticket bookings, please visit https://bkksr.com/movies/gmff2017. A limited number of tickets will also be set aside for walk-in guests, which will be released 15 minutes before the start of each film screening.
Screening Schedule | ตารางการฉายหนัง
Thursday, 14 December
18:45 | Canadian Film Night: Twelve
*A 20-minute short film “in Canada” will be screened before Twelve in celebration of Canada’s 150th Anniversary of Confederation.
Friday, 15 December
18:45 | The Lucky Specials
Saturday, 16 December
16:15 | Kshitij (A Horizon)
18:45 | Era O Hotel Cambridge (The Cambridge Squatter)
Sunday, 17 December
16:15 | Sound of Torture
17:30 | Short Film Sunday: The Forger, Home and Hevêrk: The Circle
18:45 | Problemski Hotel
Monday, 18 December (International Migrants Day)
18:45 | The Isthmus
To book tickets, please visit https://bkksr.com/movies/gmff2017
Terms & Conditions:
- Free admission.
- Tickets can be reserved online through the BKKSR website or in person.
- Please cancel your reservation if you are unable to attend any of the screenings. This will give others the opportunity to enjoy the festival. No penalty fee will be charged.
- There will be no assigned seating for all screenings.
- We highly encourage online pre-booked tickets to be collected as early as possible and up to 15 minutes prior to each movie screening. Uncollected tickets will be released for walk-in patrons as additional tickets.
- Due to technical constraints, Thai subtitling will be unavailable. All movies will be subtitled in English. Any inconvenience caused is regretted.
For any inquiries about GMFF 2017, please contact Mr. Reuben Lim (firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 1696 1319) or Mr. Dechadhorn Seehabutr (email@example.com or 08 3788 7633).
Address:Bangkok Screening Room, Level 2, 1/3-7 Sala Daeng Soi 1, Silom, Bangkok, Thailand